In Feng Shui, kitchens are one of the most important rooms. They represent the heart and home, a place where friends and family gather to connect. Using feng shui to organize and calm a kitchen can increase health and happiness.
The Meaning Of Feng Shui
It’s an ancient Chinese science of creating happiness and abundance by altering or modifying the movement of chi energy and by balancing the effect of elements and directions. However, as per now, just understand that it’s the science that creates positivity and suppresses negativity.
A kitchen is a place where healthy, nutritious and yummy food are cooked; the same food once consumed gives you and your family the energy and stamina for day-to-day chores. Furthermore, a kitchen has a lot of fire element involved and it’s always better to keep the “fire element” under control. This is why you must make it feng shui compliant.
When you combine Kitchen and Feng Shui you get a kitchen that can and has all the ability in the world to ward off any or all negativity while, simultaneously, enhancing positive energy in your home. The same positive energy then spreads into your home making you and your family happier, healthier, optimistic and everything good that you can think of.
Tips For Adding Feng Shui:
- Mirrors are good if you position them to reflect the stove burners; doubling the burners is believed to boost finances.
- Copper attracts positive chi. This could be decorations or copper pots.
- Potted plants or herbs bring prosperity but be sure to place them along the south and east walls of the kitchen.
- Fruits and vegetables indicate prosperity also and using pictures will increase the sensation of abundance.
- If the laundry room is in or beside the kitchen then don’t allow dirty clothes to pile up.
- Keep pantry doors closed at all times.
- Don’t leave brooms and mops out, store them in a closet to keep clutter minimal.
- Don’t place the oven or range in the northwest sector known as “Heaven’s Gate.” Good luck energy resides in the northwest direction.
- Don’t let dirty dishes pile up.
- Don’t hang a dish towel over the oven handle.
- Keep entries clear and uncluttered to invite opportunity in.
Feng Shui Color and Their Meanings:
Keep the following in mind as a guide, but always remember to tap into your own mind, body, spirit needs and goals, as well as your own visceral reaction to each color.
Red- Acts as a stimulator.
Orange- Uplifting color that promotes happiness.
Yellow/Gold- Symbolizes power, stimulates health, patience and wisdom.
Pink- Represents love, romance, and partnership.
Green- Represents growth and new beginnings, as well as healing and freshness.
Blue/Greens- Represents youth, new beginnings, and inspires confidence.
Deeper Blues- Infuses wisdom and introspection.
Purple- Inspires spirituality, adventure, and prosperity.
Black- Contemplative color that encourages reflection and mystery.
White- Cultivates clarity, precision, and communication.
Gray- Invites helpfulness and represents a harmonious union of black and white.
Brown- Offers stability and security.
Important Considerations For Feng Shui Kitchens
There are several key feng shui elements to which you need to pay close attention when working with your kitchen layout. Placement of your appliances needs to follow feng shui principles of fire versus water and hot versus cold. The placement of your appliances is sometimes more important than the actual direction. If you are remodeling your kitchen and starting fresh then here are some tips you can follow to make your kitchen Feng Shui.
- Try to place the kitchen towards the back door of the home.
- Keep the kitchen clean and uncluttered at all times.
- Keep the kitchen well lit and ventilated.
- Face east while cooking in the kitchen.
- You can have windows in the east or west walls of the kitchen.
- Make sure to keep lightweight things in east and north of kitchen.
- You can have a sink in north or north-east of the kitchen.
- Keep the gas stove/burner a few inches away from the wall.
- Keep at least 1-2 feet distance between stove/burner and the kitchen sink. If there is no option then place small plants/herbs or green decorative glass panel stove and sink. You can also place a green color decorative glass panel between the stove and sink.
- Above also applies to refrigerators too; you must keep 1-2 feet distance between stove and refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Repair all leaking taps and faucets in the kitchen that is an indication of draining away all money and wealth from the house.
- You can place a dining table in the north-west or west of the kitchen.
- Try to use yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red as floor and wall colors for the kitchen.
Follow us on Facebook