When the ancient Chinese system of Feng Shui was developed there was no indoor plumbing so there really is no good placement for a bathroom when it comes to true Feng Shui. Your Feng Shui bathroom should be a peaceful, beautiful space. Displaying symbols of beauty and abundance always helps us manifest these things in our life. Creating a spa-like effect in your bathroom will bring you lots of happiness and tranquility.
Here are some basic principles to follow:
- If practical, keep the bathroom door closed in order to contain the qi/chi energy in the bathroom and not lose it to the rest of the home. This also keeps the germs and negative chi in the bathroom and not circulating in the rest of the home.
- Keep the toilet seat down at all times when not in use. The toilet is the largest drain in the house and each time it is flushed it drains the bad chi as well as the good chi. Close the lid when you flush the toilet so the germs don’t spray around the room. This will also stop good chi from being flushed away.
- A toilet that is partitioned is best, but it may not be practical for most homes. The partition can be done with a curtain or beads. But this works best in large bathrooms. If you’re having a home built, consider having a toilet closet built to house the toilet and include a window if possible.
- If the toilet is not working properly, it’s best to get it fixed since anything broken could have a lower vibration to it.
- If you have a window in the bathroom, keep it open as much as possible in order to clear out the bad chi, keeping the air clean and pure. If there is no window, then have an air purifier in the room. Fresh plants can help to keep the air clean.
- Keep the mirrors and any windows clean in order to avoid distortion.
- Keep all drains closed when not in use. If need be, you can purchase a rubber drain cover in many department stores to cover the sink and shower/tub drains. This will keep the good chi from going down the drain.
- Keep your feng shui bathroom clean and uncluttered at all times.
- It’s best to not have a wastebasket in the bathroom. Take your trash out of the bathroom with you as you leave. Do not let it accumulate in a wastebasket.
- Keep the bathroom appealing to the eye.
- Natural sunlight is best for the bathroom if you’re lucky enough to have a window in your bathroom. Fluorescent lighting is bad for the nervous system, so please avoid this in your feng shui Bathroom.
- Burn sage in your bathroom to remove stagnant qi/chi energy.
- Never have the toilet reflecting in a mirror as this will double the effects of the toilet drain. Place something in front of the mirror so the toilet doesn’t reflect in the mirror. This could be a plant, vase, statue or whatever works for you.
- Starting with your towels, be sure they are thick, rich, beautiful and in great condition.
- Essential oils in your bathroom will clean and improve the quality of air. The oils will also bring tranquility and make you feel pampered and wealthy.
- Since the bathroom is for cleansing, display quality soaps along with some candles. Be sure to use the soaps and don’t just display them. Indulge in yourself so the Universe knows that you think you are worth it. It will know your heart and will bring you what you expect.
- Hang soothing artwork is important too. Go online to take a look at what is usually found in a spa as far as decoration and begin to duplicate the look. Better yet, visit a spa and get a great treatment for yourself and bring away with you the image that you would like to have in your spa-like bathroom.
- Consider having a dimmer switch put in the bathroom so you can have soft lighting when it’s appropriate like when you are bathing.
- Stalks of bamboo bring good luck, abundance and wealth. Bunches of eight are best. Place it in front of the mirror to double the effect.
- If your bathroom is in the center of the home, know that energy from the center of the home spreads out to the entire home, so keep the bathroom clean and sanitized and the door shut at all times.
Special Attention Needed
If your home is multi-levels, you want to direct chi downstairs. You can achieve this with rugs on the floor of the room above the bathroom. Other things that will help direct chi are listed below:
- A ceiling light fixture
- A crystal chandelier
- A faceted crystal hung from the center of the ceiling
- Tall lamps that kept turn on
- A tall mirror
- Wallpaper with a vertical pattern is positive chi
- Placing earth objects in the corners of the downstairs room
- An image of a bird flying up
- A tall tree to lift the chi
- Plants that grow straight up like bamboo and mothers-in-law tongue which happens to be a plant which thrives with minimal care.
- Use your imagination and bring in an element that goes up, like a tall vase or stature.
If you live in an apartment or high rise building, find out where the bathroom is above you and below you and be sure to apply the proper cure.
Follow us on Facebook